Granby Regional Horse Council, Inc
The Granby Regional horse Council's Beginings
The GRHC's goals and purposes then and now are to provide equine educational venues, host recreational & competitive events, save and maintain trails and open space for equestrian use. To these purposes, we have been hosting educational lectures, organizing trail rides, presenting horse shows, a sleigh rally, working with other groups to save trails and open spacefor equestrian use for over 25 years. We welcome new members of all ages. Join us and support our efforts to be the best club in the area!
- Helped save the former Ingate Horse Farm land in Belchertown, MA from development to retain trails in and around the former horse farm.
- Kept trails open to equestrians on Fitzgerald Lake in Northampton, MA
- Donated funds to the Swift River Sportsmen’s Club in Belchertown to protect more land and open space.
- Supported the Connecticut Horse Council, Inc. in it’s efforts to keep all trails open in Connecticut State Parks, setting a precedent for MA State Parks
- Worked with the Hampden Land Project in the 1990’s to Minnechaug Mountain from development, thereby, saving many recreational trails for equestrian and non-motorized use.
- Rebuilt the old riding ring and creating a vary large riding ring with an announcers boothin Dufresene park in Granby, MA
- Worked with other groups to maintain trails at Dufresnea Park
- Now working on creating more trails through state land in Granby and Belchertown